Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Sunday, June 25

Crab and Mushroom Parcels


I made these yesterday for a party, and they were a HUGE hit! I ended up being asked for the recipe, and wondered afterwards if I should have given away how easy they were to make!

INGREDIENTS
1 pack boursin cheese (I used the garlic and herb variety)
1/2 lb lump crab meat, picked through, or 2 cans of lump crab
enough mushrooms to use up all the stuffing, I bought 2 packs - stems removed
1 package phyllo dough

METHOD
Preheat oven to 400
Combine cheese and crab and stuff generously into mushrooms.
carefully layer six sheets of phyllo, brushing melted butter on every other sheet.
Place mushrooms onto phyllo, and cut so that there is enough around the mushrooms so that you can make a little parcel out of the dough. This all depends on the size of the mushrooms, a couple of mine were so big that I could only get two out of one sheet, but for most of them I could get 4-6 from one sheet. Brush parcels with beaten egg for a golden glaze.
Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden.
Eat while hot and crispy.

I reheated mine in the oven of our pary hosts at 250 for about 30 mins to dry out any of the sogginess the phyllo took on during the travel there.

Enjoy! =)

5 Comments:

Blogger barb said...

those are beautiful and I am sure equally tasty........a must try! thanks

9:56 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

That looks very tasty - and I love the plate too.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Deborah Eley De Bono said...

This looks easy. What kind of mushrooms? Portabellos?

And I like the plate as well.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

no they were button mushrooms.. but some of them were HUGE!!! On some I only had enough phyllo for 2 mushrooms per sheet!

And I have a confession.. that is not my photo of the mushrooms! =( Do you really think my camera is capable of taking a shot that good? lol ;-)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Well, your picture or no, the description sounds wonderful. I was wondering how the dough in that pic was phyllo, though ;)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home