Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Friday, June 23


I have the coolest penpal EVER.

This is a shot of the uberloot she sent me, that just came in today. My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw the size of the box, I knew she was going to send a couple things, but I had no idea so much! Looks like I have some more shopping to do to return the favor! =) And you all just know how much I loathe food shopping *cough* right! *cough* ;-)

Some of the cooles stuff is in there... I've already made use of some stuff she sent called "yuzugosyou". She said she usually adds it to her miso soup (which I will definitely soon be trying since I've made it a habbit to have miso soup for breakfast) But after taking a little taste of it, I decided to let the monkfish I was making for dinner tonight marinade in it for a bit... oh my god it was to die for... limey spicey is the only words I can put to it!

You'll soon be seeing me making use of all of this, she even sent me her own handwritten recipe for okonomiyaki, along with the majority of the ingredients I would need for it. That is definitely going on my list of dinners for next week!

Thank you Shizu!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger maltese parakeet said...

okonomiyaki! yum!! please share the recipe!

11:53 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

I will! =)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home