Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Tuesday, June 20

Japanese Steamed Chicken and Veg


Dinner last night was another Japanese inspired meal.
It was dead simple to make, and I thought pretty tastey!
I modified it quite a bit from the original I found on open kitchen, which originally only called for chicken thigh and mushroom. I added just about every veg I had in the fridge. I imagine you could omit the chicken and make this one completely vegetarian.

INGREDIENTS

3 chicken thighs cut into small pieces
2 carrots, cut into sticks
5 shitake mushrooms, sliced
1 handful of peas
4 pods okra, sliced
6 slices of daikon (I cut them into flowers)
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp sake
1 tbsp corn starch
2 tsp sesame oil

METHOD

Combine all ingredients into a large bowl, corn starch last, and mix to coat. Place in a steamer, and steam for approx 30-45 mins, stirring frequently, until all chicken is cooked through.

We had this with white rice, and a couple of dipping sauces (not that they were needed!)

1 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

Kudos goin' WILD with the veggies!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home