Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Thursday, January 11

Amanda's Mac & Cheese.. sort of



So... I totally ganked this recipe from Amanda over at What We're Eating, and it became what me and Dave were eating. I had to modify it though... since I didnt have all the fancy pants ingredients she used.... but I did have enough stuff stashed away in the fridge that I could make something close enough!

I modified the cheeses... used Parmesan, Gorgonzola, Valencay (chevre), and Double Gloucester... I also used plain button mushrooms in place of the crimini and shitake... cheapo canned Italian bread crumbs in place of the panko.... nixed the truffle oil... but hey! I did have some goose fat in the freezer from Christmas so I used that in place of the bacon fat! MUAHAA!! Oh.. and I also threw in some chopped up leftover turkey.

Totally awesome recipe Amanda!!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

Man..that is a swakay Mac and Cheese!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I do not think I have ever once made home made mac n' cheese.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knew mac and cheese could be brought to these heights? I only recently learned that there are people who make it from scratch. Is this a Southern thing?

5:02 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

lol susan your post made me laugh!! you dont think mac & cheese was born from a box do you? ;-) I actually just saw a recipe for mac and cheese in the silver spoon... was called macaroni au gratin. =)

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home