Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Thursday, December 28

Hungry for a month



Remember a few months back when I posted about Dave and I going on a grocery budget (due to TWO mortgages!! >_<).. and then went on my raging fit about how horribly a person has to eat with so little money? And how its just impossible to eat healthy.. and how jacked up society is.. etc etc... (hey it was a bad day)...

Dave just sent me this link to this guys blog. It is absolutely fascinating. He challenged himself to live off of (well... feed himself off of) no more than $1 a day, and blogged about it. It is also a bit inspiring to try a similar challenge... I'm sure my tastebuds are too spoiled to eat nothing but ramen and rice for a month... but you seriously cant beat an $8 grocery bill for a week! O_O

Anways... thought some of you out there in foodie land would appreciate this one! =)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh girl, in college we lived off of ramen. Cook it in coconut milk with some green onions basil and cilantro. or serve it chilled with salsa in the summer. Yum!

4:31 AM  
Blogger wheresmymind said...

Ramen noodles are great...long as you don't use that salt packet ;)

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so could never do that! I'd go mad in a week.

Funnily enough, Goon spent his whole first term just eating nodles in stock and rice. Last time I left him alone for three days it was microwaved rice in beef stock. He didn't even bother with veg. I reckon he'd survive on a £1 per day budget.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home