Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Thursday, November 30

Wedding Menu: Draft 2




So I finally gave the club manager my hopeful menu to go over with the chef. I'm really hoping its do-able!

This is what I submitted-

***

Curried Pumkin Soup

***

Field Greens Salad with Apples, Walnuts and Stilton

***

Rack of Lamb with Chutney-Mint Glaze

OR

Chicken Crêpes topped with Apples and Walnuts in Calvados Cream Sauce

(Both served with Potato Puree and Haricot Verts)

***

Artisan Cheese Plate
(assortment of 3? - Buche de Chevre, Saint Nectaire, Stilton?… will get back on this!)

***

Wedding Cake!!

***


In the end I decided against the mochi ice cream. Too much room for error... I have a feeling if left too long plating and bringing to the table, they will start to melt. I had visions of people dressed in their finest.. not really sure about the contents of the mochi.. biting in and having melted ice cream dribble down their fronts. Not good. So I decided to go with a cheese course instead of an actual cheese display. The cheese course I ordered when Dave and I went to Paris left a HUGE impression on me.. I think I'd like to share that with our wedding guests. =)

Also ditched the duck... Jeff made a good point that seared duck might be easily screwed up... no necessarily true with a roast lamb... I agree I'd rather have lamb done right than duck done horribly!

Do you guys think the crepes will be a problem?

So.. what do you all think so far??

I'm wondering what the chef will say...

Amanda.. what do you think??

7 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

Have a vegtarian option for dinner? Steph would be ALL OVER that cheese course!!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

There is only one veg-head I know.. and thats my dad... but he has been known to cheat a little for special events... so I'm counting on the fact that he will do so for my wedding ;-)

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the more important question here is..... Are you going to have an open bar, or do I need to bring my own?

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think it all sounds absolutely yummy! (and i would love to eat that at a wedding... most of the weddings i've been too have generic, so-so food. the only thing that i might see the chef coming back and saying he's got a problem with is the crepes. crepes are really only good when fresh, and unless he's got a large team working with him (or it's a small wedding), it might be a challenge to produce them all at the same time. i forgot to ask if it's a sit down, full service, or more of a buffet line.(?) anyway, other than that i think it all sounds fabulous! and you know me, i really just care about the LAMB! :-) i think you probably made the right decision with the ice cream mochis, but you know they have my heart too. how cool would it be to have them at a wedding! definately new and fresh. heheh maybe you could have an ice sculpture and have them sitting on trays on the base of the ice-sculpture, hehehe, or is that going too far!?!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

It sounds heavenly, especially for a wedding where you can really do a lot worse! Good luck on the rest of the planning.

2:34 PM  
Blogger *Chef Marina* said...

I think I'm going to have to second Greg ;)

Honestly, this is the most beautiful thing I've ever read... and also, have to agree completely with Amanda! So many people treat wedding food as an afterthought; I love how original this menu is! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help :)

8:33 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was definitely agree to the last commenter. Having a great food presentation is probably one of the most important thing on catering business. Keep posting guys!

Hizons The Glass Garden

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home