Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Saturday, December 9

Chicken with Stilton and Grilled Pears


Believe it or not, I got this recipe out of a diet cook book! O_O I've been cooking out of this book quite a bit for the last few weeks, as Dave and I are trying to eat more healthy.. and I have been trying to adjust my cooking style from heavy cream and butter, without sacrificing quality for crap diet recipes designed for people who are trying to break themselves from McDogfood.

So far every recipe I've tried has been very good.. although I think I might get burnt out of tomatoes soon! ;-) This one, thankfully.. didnt call for a single tomato.. AND... I got to use blue cheese. The original recipe calls for Roquefort.. but I had Stilton on hand... so that is what I used. =)

I also roasted some acorn squash since it looks so yummy and tempting sitting there in produce.. just saying.. "eat me! eat me!"..... what? Squashes dont talk to you?

Anyhoo.. this is a modification of the original, & scaled down for 2.. but still just as healthy! =)

INGREDIENTS

1 large chicken breast, cut in half
2 T Stilton
.5 C fat free yogurt
a quarter of a red onion, diced
1 scallion, chopped
ground white pepper
kosher salt
1 pear, cut into 6 slices
lemon juice

METHOD

For the sauce, combine yogurt, onion, scallion, white pepper, and Stilton in a small bowl. Set aside.

Cover the sliced pear with lemon juice.

Salt and pepper the chicken breast and grill until cooked, adding the pears to the grill once the chicken is about half way done.

Serve with the Stilton sauce spooned over top of the chicken and pears and enjoy! =)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not normal for squash to talk to people?!? they always talk to me, lea! :-)

2:20 AM  
Blogger Grey said...

You need to borrow my Yoga Cookbook. And, all you need to do to break the McDogfood habit is run into one of the 'drive thru' people in a grocery store, be recognized and find that they've nicknamed you....

6:30 AM  
Blogger Lea said...

Amanda! Of course! Squash make the BEST conversation of all produce I've found ;-)

Dad- I'd LOVE to borrow your yoga cookbook! =)

9:44 AM  
Blogger wheresmymind said...

Wow...classic combos all around!! :D

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the spagheti squash here keeps asking me when the hell I'm going to eat it.

Blue cheese sauce in a diet book? Thats the kind of diet I'd be happy to go on.

3:40 PM  
Blogger *Chef Marina* said...

LOL glad to know I'm not the only freak that food talks to... except squash is not the only chatty veggie I've run into in the supermarket!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home