Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Friday, May 29

Lamb Shank Pie


So this one didn't come out near as pretty as the one in the book, but that's mainly because I dont have a dish deep enough to keep those bones upright. So in the end they fell over causing all the filling to gush out all over the top of the pie crust. Oh well... it sure didn't effect the flavor!!

We're pretty set in our ways as far as how we like to stew our lamb. So adding jam to the mix had me nervous... I knew it would be good, but as good as our tried and true method?

Yes and no.

Yes... it worked very well! There was a nice tang there that was a nice change. But in the end... I still think I just like lamb the way we usually do it... more than likely because that's just how I'm used to it now!


fugly pie

1 Comments:

Blogger Stan Hubbs said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home