Dinner last night, Lunch today.
One of the fruits of my playtime in the kitchen last night was my dinner, with leftovers for lunch today for Dave and I -which I think is nice left cold over some salad greens. Its a dish I seem to make often, since most of the ingredients are always on hand, and it's easy in a pinch. Last night I had this with some simple roast potato wedges and salad.
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
* 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
* 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
* 1 red bell pepper, sliced
* 1 small onion, quartered
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a decent size casserole dish, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Place chicken in the dish, and marinate 5 minutes.
3. Place red bell pepper, onion, in the baking dish, and toss to coat.
4. Place the chicken and vegetables in the preheated oven. Bake chicken for 20 minutes, or until juices run clear. Remove rosemary sprigs before serving.