Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Monday, September 4

Fancy Pants Breakfast


I posted this recipe a few months back, after having dreamt about it.. literally.

I decided to make it again... this time, I modified it a little... used bigger tomatoes, and added mozzarella. Still very yum. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one who has thought of this??



Its pretty simple really.... cut the tops off two large tomatoes. Scoop all the filling out so youre left with a little nifty tomato bowl. Salt generously inside, and turn upside down to draw out the moisture for about 15 mins. Pat insides with a paper towel.

Place the tomato bowls onto a lightly oiled baking sheet and fill about 1/4 of the way with shredded mozzarella. Carefully break the egg into the tomato.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 30 mins. Garnish with some chopped green onions.

Arrange fancily like I did if you want to pretend you run and fancy pants B&B like Dave and I were this morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger wheresmymind said...

I would've considered thowing those tomatoes on a cast iron skillet just for about a minute or so :)

3:08 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Lea that sounds amazing. Very clever idea.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very clever!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Deborah Eley De Bono said...

Is there a B&B in your future? So many possibilities.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Gorgeous, it's like the anti-biscuits 'n gravy.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

Susan- LOL yea its so true!! This was our recovery breakfast.... the day after biscuits and gravy is sort of akin to a hangover day!

mooncrazy- hahaha interesting thought... but I honestly dont think I'd have the patience to deal with picky people's palettes!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home