Copperpots

A Brit, a Yank and a Kitchen

Saturday, May 27

Wensleydale & Corn Quiche


I had 3/4 of a wheel of Wensleydale left sitting in my fridge, so I decided I should make use of it before it was no good. After a quick search online and sifting through several recipes, I settled on a corn and wensleydale quiche. I am a big fan of corn.

I combined my recipe with some good old know-how from Julia Childs and in the end it was really very good. Plus I learned Wensleydale shreds very nicely... very soft.

We had this with a salad drizzled with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a bit of truffle oil, and chopped walnuts.

So here's the recipe! =)

INGEDIENTS

1lb short crust pastry
4oz Wensleydale cheese, grated
4oz sweetcorn kernels
1/4 each sliced red and green bell peppers
3 large eggs
1 cup milk
hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste

METHOD

Line a 10" flan tin with the pastry
Spread the shredded cheese in the bottom and cover with sweetcorn and lay the sliced peppers radiating out from the center.
Whisk the egg, milk, salt & pepper, and hot sauce together and pour on top
Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes or until set and lightly brown.

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Gosh, I've never heard of Wensleydale cheese before. Is it similar to another type?

The pie looks delicious especially since there's truffle oil on it. Wow

2:27 PM  
Blogger Lea said...

Thanks Susan! =)

Actually the truffle oil went on the salad.. it really rounded the flavors out I thought =)

Wensleydale is an English cheese, firm, mild.... I imagine you could substitute with a cheddar instead! =)

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home